How to promote your own affiliate marketing products
July 8, 2012 13 Comments
Step 1 Research the products of affiliate marketing programs
1. Identify the hot and interested products of affiliate marketing programs
Start from OfferVault Top 10 Search Terms, and then choose affiliate marketing programs by your interest, pick out your favorite products for promotion.
For example: OfferVault, http://www.offervault.com/
OfferVault Top 10 Search Terms:
weight loss, iphone, ipad, real estate, adult, music, education, credit report, auto insurance, netflix
2. Inquiries the details of the affiliate advertiser
Affiliate marketing programs have been to provide the highlights of the affiliate advertisers, recommended materials and commissions for affiliates’ reference. For further information of the affiliate advertiser, it’s suggested to go directly to business shopping site for detailed review.
3. Where is the potential marketplace of the affiliate product?
Use the keyword search, by the frequency of product search to understand the potential of the products. The higher the search frequency is, the more the concerns and needs of the product is. However, when the market high demand and high popularity is, the competitiveness of the affiliates will rise, so a combination of personal characteristics featured products; will help you to successfully earn the commission.
4. The analysis of product advantage
Depth understanding of the efficacy and value-added of product, it is recommended that you need to make the comparisons to find the unique and differences of the product with the competitors.
5. Analysis of target customers
What kind of the existing consumers are there? What are the consumption habits and character? You can take advantage of a wide range of commodity-related site, forum or forums to gather information.
Step 2 Combine the products with the characteristics and expertise of affiliates
1. Establish your target marketplace
- The main target customers: It should be narrowed down, focused.
- The hidden target customers: Mining potential but undeveloped customers.
- Understanding the habits of the customers: List the place where you can come to contact with them.
2. Copywriting Tips
- Headlines should be attractive: Create Urgency/Curiosity In Your Headline, for example, Urgency:
– For the next 10 customers only…
– Only today…
What is their biggest desire? What is their biggest problem? What are their top wants and desires? How can I help them now that they haven’t even thought about yet?
- Copywriting has to be adjusted with the different products, based on the characteristics of personal expertise,
- The content of Copywriting must be simple and persuasive
- Avoid overly complicated copywriting design will distract the attention of consumers
- An offer with many gifts, it’s better valuable for customers but free cost. You need to describe the value of the gifts.
– Free report
– Free ebooks
– Free membership
3. Marketing Tools
To select the resources, the high popularity of the service platform. For example: Blogs (WordPress, Blogger, Weebly, …), Social networking sites (as Facebook, Google +, Plurk, Twitter, etc.)
- Need to select the marketing tool to contact with the customers best.
- Marketing tool is not only for the products, but also you must be familiar with the tools and it is better you are good at that.
Step 3 Communicating with the target customers and problems to improve
1. Avoid over-commercialization
You have to provide high availability and good articles, providing the customers more information. Therefore, you will be able to get the loyal readers, and they would help share what you released.
2. Two-way communication, by no means one-way strong marketing
You can check the consumer’s comments with Forum or Discussion Board. Communicating with the target customers by e-mail or telephone, you can learn more. Therefore, you can find the problems, and it is getting better from the constant adjustment and modification.
3. Solving the problems
High traffic, but the conversion rate is still not good as expected, the issues that may arise: the product itself is not good enough, not enough price attractive or copywriting description is not attractive or other problems, for example, link error. Identify problems, and constantly adjust or amend, and then continue to check whether the result is improved or not.
Step 4 Accumulated experiences, to select the next affiliate product
By slowly accumulated experiences, or to read other people’s good copywriting, such as the top selling copywriting of ClickBank, then gradually worked out, to find out the most profitable product for your affiliate promotion.