Affiliate Marketing 21 Ways to Create Your Opt-in List -2
October 20, 2012 Leave a comment
8. Include a “Sign Up” button inside your E-newsletter
Or a text link to your subscription page, if you’re not using HTML. This may sound like a waste of time, but what if a subscriber forwards it to friends and co-workers? Or shares it on social media sites? Or reproduces it online? You could explode your sign-ups, just by adding a form!
9. Create a web-based newsletter repository
By offering an online archive or gallery of all of your newsletters, you make it much easier for subscribers to decide whether they’d like to sign up. The more informed they are about what you have to offer, the more likely they are to open your email messages. Online newsletter and article archives are also an excellent way to generate additional traffic from search engines!
10. Include “forward to a friend” and “share” links in newsletters and promos
This is the best way to encourage subscribers to share your newsletter content, offers, and articles with friends and on social media sites. “Word of mouth” is a powerful viral technique that works great with email marketing! If subscribers find your content useful and informative, they’ll pass it on, multiplying your readers and hopefully your sign-ups! It’s a powerful source of new subscribers – achieved with minimal effort.
11. Add sign-up forms to blog updates
Place a sign-up form on your blog to notify your readers of new posts. This has a threefold benefit: you build your email list, strengthen relationships with your readers, and get more traffic to your blog!
12. Add opt-in check boxes to other forms and business messages
Create opportunities to sign up for your newsletter while prospects are filling in other forms. Why not? It’s a value-added service to let them know a free E-newsletter is available. Think about all the types of forms you use: from software downloads, demos, and white papers to event registrations and contact forms. And with the highest open rates of any emails, confirmation and transactional emails could also increase sign-ups. So add a form!
13. Let others reprint your newsletter
Encourage others to distribute and republish your newsletters, specifying that your newsletter content is not to be modified or used inappropriately. Many webmasters and newsletter publishers are actively looking for high-quality content, and if they reprint your newsletter, you may get new subscribers, traffic, and links to your site. If there are limits and conditions (on commercial use, for example) just state your policy clearly and concisely.
14. Use a co-registration service to build your list
Co-registration is a great way to build your email list. Your newsletter ad or link appears on other websites, and visitors can sign up on the spot to be added to your list! Our favorite co-registration service can be found at GetSubscribers.com or on the GetResponse.com website.
15. Use Google Adwords campaigns
Google Adwords is a relatively cost-effective type of online campaign and can get very nice results. It doesn’t matter whether you promote your newsletter subscription or a blockbuster product launch. Explore to find out what draws best…it’s worth it to experiment. Just make sure your newsletter sign-up form is always on the landing page!
16. Use your physical mailing list
If you have a physical mailing list from your offline business, send a snail-mail postcard to your customers, offering a special discount for signing up to your email newsletter. If you don’t have a snail-mail list, consider leaving a sign-up form near your register or point-of-sale location!
17. Contact other newsletter publishers and vendors
Use your networking and social media skills to reach out to other newsletter publishers or even vendors with complementary products or services. Let them know that you’d be interested in promoting their newsletter or offering if they’d do the same for you. This way, both of you can get more online exposure and build your list faster!
18. Advertise in E-zines and other newsletters
Use newsletter directories to find other newsletter and content publishers that target your audiences. Run a search for “E-zine directory” or “newsletter directory” to find multiple advertising possibilities!
19. Promote your newsletter in Article Directories
Research and submit topical articles to article directories like GoArticles, SubmitYourArticle or EzineArticles. Be sure to include a resource box at the bottom with a link to your website or an auto-responder email address for instant sign-up to your email list. It enhances your reputation, builds your brand, and attracts quality subscribers.
20. Be active on similar websites
Search for similar websites and newsletters using Google Blog Search or Technorati. Post relevant, helpful comments and a track-back to your blog or squeeze page, including, of course, your newsletter sign-up form! Visit discussion boards, forums, Yahoo Answers and similar sites to provide helpful comments and information, including a signature linking to your subscription page.
21. Promote your newsletter at every marketing touch-point!
- Whenever you share your PowerPoint or webinar presentations, make it easy for audience members and associates to subscribe by including a link to your newsletter subscription page.
- Hand out sign-up forms when speaking to groups or at seminars. Don’t forget to ask for them at the end of your presentation!
- Imagine how many sign-ups you’d get if every incoming caller had the opportunity to subscribe! Have call-center and sales employees ask customers and prospects if they’d like to receive newsletters or promotional emails, once they’ve established apport. It only adds seconds to the call and is an ideal source of qualified subscribers!
- If you use hard-copy collateral, get some of those print costs back by encouraging email subscriptions on Direct Mail, Catalogs, and Print Ads.
Include a sign-up form with every value message –everywhere you come in contact with prospects and customers. Feel free to vary the content and the design, but make signing up quick and easy. Your list-building engine will generate new contacts 24/7, Try GetResponse Email Marketing and explode your marketing ROI!